Tuesday, January 1, 2013

About Otto

Otto is a character in the John Cleese movie "A Fish Called Wanda" - 1989.  The movie uses a Jewellery Heist as the "vehicle" for Cleese to unwind some memorable Monty Python style "social commentary" on the exigencies of the American and British "social norms" singularly, but moreso the interaction [aka agro] of putting them together in the same room [or closet if you are American].

As an Australian, I [and my kids] totally adore this movie as our own ethnic delight is to Take the Piss out of BOTH "Yanks and Poms".

In this way Cleese delights in displaying the contrast, especially post the Femmo Takeover of 1970, between "American Woman" [ie the smart but fickle Wanda] and "J Doe" [ie the dumbassed Otto who tries to cover up his stupidity by reading Nietzsche and shooting anything he does not understand].

I am Lester_Burnham_Risen because in my own life and with the same timing, I too became a victim of the SNAG doctrine [Lester launders it as a coma] of 1970 via the Monolith of Germaine Greer's book The Female Eunuch.  However, after divorce and my doctor telling me I should have been dead 4 times over from my "post divorce recovery blues", I am now 25 years past that point and although the saying goes as "been there, done that, didn't even get the T-Shirt", I have found that only by attending "the school of hard knocks" does one GET the T-Shirt of Wisdom and Perception, and perhaps able to understand better than most just what is behind Dylan's Gates of Eden.

So in the style of our [Otto's and mine] mutual friend Nietzsche, as well as my individual blogs for favorite movies I have done a Nietzsche style Notebook to table "Global Thoughts".  But just as Cleese honored Otto by making him Minister for Justice in South Africa [but back in 1989], I too honor/honour him by dedicating this blog to him.

Here is snapshot of Otto.
And a longer one, but don't you EVER call me stupid.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete