Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Monolithic Moment - Take #2

It took another 35 years for my next Monolithic Moment, which was the Full Eclipse of the Sun in November 2012, which I was able to view and film by walking 200 yards from my Donga, where I live in retirement, to our beach which by great fortune was at the ideal location to view this Eclipse.

Pop Version

Ever since buying Days of Future Passed in 1971 I had intended to film an actual dawn sequence [as a slide show] and put it to this music, in fact originally I had seen it as the whole day [a Tuesday of course], but by coincidence it was not until September 2012, with a new camcorder and while camping on Lake Tinaroo that the idea firmed up to do a movie version of the idea, after being awoken in my tent by a brilliant sunrise.

But in the meanwhile people were talking about the impending Eclipse in November 2012, 40 minutes after sunrise, so I decided to make my movie as a sunrise, doom & gloom moment and new sunrise sequence, so I did just that.  Here is the UTube embediment.
 Classical Version

So I had done as I intended 42 years before BUT I decided to go classical and put the movie footage to Beethoven's so called Ode to Joy Symphony, ie the 4th Movement of his 9th Symphony - or at least the first 15 minutes of it.

So here it is and it is far better to click the "UTube" icon on the Lower Right to get my full story of just what is going down here, both with the music and its connection to the Eclipse.  You can actually click on the Time Markers in my description to go to the actual part of the movie being referenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment